Sunday, October 5, 2008

sleepy rainy brain stew.

Tour is over, and we are home . . . sleepy & rainy home! Lately I've been fearing that I've slowly been transforming into a zombie on our big adventure. Maybe its our obsession over the end of the world & zombie-ism, two constantly recurring themes in the van, but I feel that my fears are possibly being slightly validated. I've had a hard time walking faster than an average of two feet per minute and holding my balance. I've been incoherently muttering sounds to strangers and friends alike as my social skills have rotted into nothing. Yesterday my big toenail that turned all blue and black from an injury just cracked in half and is now falling off. It's like when you're playing Resident Evil and reading the journals of the lab workers written as they slowly transform into festering, flesh-craving zombies, only this time it's myself transforming. Awesome! If you don't here from me in the next few weeks, consider me a worm food.

PS If anyone can recommend any awesome zombie and/or post-apocalyptic movies, books, comics etc. for the winter, please do so!

13 comments:

lauren price said...

dude, i have been on a huge zombie kick, too! i want to raid all the apocalyptic films at movie madness. when there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Abbie said...

hilllarious zombie mooovie: fido. watttch it.

carina said...

i was gonna vote for fido, too

carina said...

just saw this....
http://www.portlandmercury.com/film/unintentional-zombie-ism/Content?oid=910289

Abbie Road said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbie Road said...

the "Evil Dead" trilogies are the best, if you want really bloody twister check out "High Tension" but if you really want to find the best movie i think you should ask Cha-Cha...lol

nate said...

I've been reading 'The Goon' comics recently, simply amazing.

dunk said...

Evil Dead movies were mentioned, but i'd emphasize Army Of Darkness. Shaun of the Dead is good too.

Chris said...

Check out "Dead Set." It is a British mini series only 5 episodes long. Story revolves around people inside the Big Brother house while a zombie outbreak happens. It is very good.

Once before a house show, my band got in an hour long discussion of which would you rather face zombies or vampires. So, I ask you Zombies or Vampires? (Imagine Howie Mandel from Deal or No Deal asking that)

Chris said...

P.S. "Z Wars" best zombie books out there. It's got a movie/TV deal being worked out. Should be sweet.

nas chompas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nas chompas said...

dude, zombies over vampires for sure. battling a vampire seems pretty futile, but tossing your most hated records at a slow moving zombie would be awesome to say the least.

Abbie Road said...

nas right on<3!...lol